Person

Name
Forth & Clyde Canal Co
Biography
The Forth & Clyde Canal Co was incorporated under Act of Parliament, 8 March 1768 (8 Geo III c.65) as the Company of Proprietors of the Forth and Clyde Navigation. The constitution was changed under Act of Parliament, 12 July 1805 (46 Geo III c.120) and the management vested in the Governor and Council of the Company of Proprietors of the Forth and Clyde Navigation.
The company was vested in the Caledonian Railway Company by Act of Parliament of 20 July 1867 (30 & 31 Vic c.106), and incorporated as the Forth and Clyde Navigation Guaranteed Company. It was dissolved on 11 November 1881 under the Caledonian Railway (Guaranteed Annuities Stock No 2) Act of 8 April 1881.

From 1881 the Caledonian Railway Canal Department operated the canal and on 1 July 1923 the Caledonian Railway Co became part of the London Midland and Scotland Railway Co.

Share

Objects made by this person

Objects with this person as a subject

Objects associated with this person