Polmont Old Parish Church
Polmont Parish was disjoined from Falkirk by the Commissioners of Teinds on 22 July 1724. In 1929 with the union of the Church of Scotland and the United Free Church of Scotland, the congregation took the name Polmont North Church, The name Polmont Old was adopted in 1977 when Polmont South changed its name to Brightons Parish Church. Redding and Westquarter was run as a church extension charge from Polmont North. Linked with Shieldhill from 10 September 1961 to1 November 1963. First church building completed 1734, second church building completed 1844.