Carriden Parish Church

The pre-reformation parish of Carriden was appropriated to the Abbey of Holyrood. The post-reformation church was a quoad omnia parish.

The Church of Scotland kirk session for Carriden sat within the Presbytery of Linlithgow until 1929, when it became part of the Presbytery of Linlithgow and Falkirk. In 1976 it became part of the Presbytery of Falkirk.

The first church at Carriden was built in 1243 and the ruins are near Carriden House. The second church was built near the foot of Carriden Brae in 1776 and the ruins are still standing. The third church building was completed in 1909.


Objects made by this person

Objects with this person as a subject

Objects associated with this person