Hurll, P & M Ltd
P & M Hurll Ltd owned Birkhill Clay Mine in Bo'ness. Birkhill Clay Mine had high quality fireclay deposits which have been exploited since the 18th century. The partnership of P & M Hurll Ltd, Glenboig, was established around 1887 . Mark Hurll leased Birkhill from Hamilton Estates in 1908 and the company took over the mine in 1916. P & M Hurll went into liquidation in July 1980.