Person

Name
Grahamston & Bainsford Co-operative Society Ltd
Biography
The Grahamston & Bainsford Co-operative Society was a local co-operative society operating chiefly in Grahamston and Bainsford, Falkirk. The profits made were distributed to members as a dividend - the "divi" being in proportion to the amount each member spent in the various stores. Originally founded in 1861 as the Grahamston & Bainsford Co-operative General Provision Association, its name was changed to Grahamston & Bainsford Co-operative Society in 1864. In 1921, it changed its name to the Falkirk & District United Co-operative Society Ltd.

Share

Objects made by this person

Objects with this person as a subject

Objects associated with this person