Person

Name
Falkirk & District Royal Infirmary
Biography
After a decade of local fund-raising, Falkirk & District Royal Infirmary at Major's Loan was opened to patients in 1931, replacing Falkirk Cottage Hospital. It was officially opened by HRH Prince George (subsequently Duke of Kent) in 1932. It was taken over by the National Health Service following the National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1947.

In August 2012 Acute Services from FDRI were transferred to the new Forth Valley Royal Hospital in Larbert. The former FDRI was re-named Falkirk Community Hospital and from 2012 it has provided a wide range of out-patient services including dental, speech and language therapy, ophthalmology, dietetics, sexual heath and family planning, mental health, podiatry and psychological services. It also provides in-patient services for people requiring rehabilitation, palliative and complex care.

Share

Objects made by this person

Objects with this person as a subject

Objects associated with this person