Taylor, R & Co Ltd

Biography
Tayforth Foundry was owned by R Taylor & Co Ltd, founded in 1920. Originally it produced marine, mining and general engineering castings. From 1939 to 1962 they produced Tayco boilers and in 1976 the company merged with Forth Alloys Ltd of Cumbernauld. In 1968 they became the first company in Scotland to use an electric furnace. As gas central heating ate into the market for solid fuel boilers the foundry concentrated in castings for the automotive industry.

Share

Objects made by this person

Objects with this person as a subject

Objects associated with this person