Caledonian Railway Co Canal Dept
From 1867 until 1923 the Forth & Clyde Canal Co was run by the Caledonian Railway Co. By Act of Parliament of 20 July 1867 (30 & 31 Vic c.106), the canal company was incorporated as the Forth and Clyde Navigation Guaranteed Company, a subsidiary of the Caledonian Railway Co. It was dissolved on 11 November 1881 under the Caledonian Railway (Guaranteed Annuities Stock No 2) Act of 8 April 1881. The Caledonian Railway Canal Department operated the canal. On 1 July 1923 the Caledonian Railway Co became part of the London Midland and Scotland Railway Co.