Bo'ness Academy was established with the name Anderson Academy. Its official school number was 311. The school was opened as Bo'ness Anderson Academy Higher Grade Public School in 1893. Previously it was an infant school. Classes up to 3rd year of secondary were taught. By the 1930s the school had become a senior secondary school with classes up to 6th year. A new school building was opened in 1931.