Royal Scots Fusiliers
The Royal Scots Fusiliers were raised in 1678 as the Earl of Mar's Regiment of Foot, taking the name Scots Fusiliers in 1685 and the Royal North British Fusiliers in 1713, reverting to the name Royal Scots Fusiliers in 1877. Their main recruiting area was Ayrshire, Dumfries-shire, Kirkcudbrightshire Wigtownshire, Roxburghshire and Selkirkshire. In 1959 they amalgamated with The Highland Light Infantry (City of Glasgow Regiment), to form The Royal Highland Fusiliers (Princess Margaret's Own Glasgow and Ayrshire Regiment)


Objects associated with this person