Harrison, William and Sons (Falkirk) Ltd
William Harrison & Sons (Falkirk) Ltd was a nailmaking firm founded before 1870. The first product of the company was hand made nails, but after the 1914-18 War, machines were introduced into the firm by the Peter Harrison. These machines turned out small brass and steel components. The firm branched out into skylight lifters, wire eyes, oven door hinge pins, box hooks, screws, bolts and nuts, rivets and general ironfoundry. During the Second World War a new workshop was added to the premises at Camelon, and the whole of the machine capacity turned over to war work. In the spring of 1963, after being in Camelon for nearly 100 years, the firm moved to a large modern factory in Bainsford and became William Harrison & Sons (Falkirk) Ltd. Emphasis was placed on automation and the firm now engaged in light engineering - capstan lathe work, repetition, turning and screwing for the ironfounding, engineering, building, electrical, motor trades and chemical industries.