Refine Results
Sort Descending
More Options

15731 results. Displaying results 41 - 80.

Name Biography
Mathieson, R.
A Family Business, c1898. The Tudor House was the Restaurant which was situated in Princes Street, Falkirk.
Falkirk Camera Club
Falkirk, Grangemouth, Larbert Directory 1897-1898. Pres Geo Sherriff,Carronvale; VP Hugh Johnston, Secy John Higgins, Assist Geo Boyd Camelon.
Falkirk St Modan's Church
St Modan's was a Chapel of Ease set up from Falkirk Parish Church in 1897. However, the congregation was actually made up of most of the members and adherents of the Falkirk Evangelical Union Church who along with their minister Rev Robert Winchester Jackson, were received into the Church of Scotland. The charge was disjoined from Falkirk and erected a quoad sacra parish on 16 March 1923. The congregation united with Falkirk Old on 2 October 1986 and the building was sold. [Source: Fasti of Church of Scotland) Duncanson's congregation, still meeting in Bank St, left the Evangelical Union and was unattached to any denomination until Duncanson emigrated to America in 1852, at which point the congregation became part of the Congregational Church. When the Congregational Church and the Evangelical Union united in 1897 the Bank Street congregation chose to enter the United Presbyterian Church instead and became St James UP Church. Most of the members and adherents of the congregation entered the Church of Scotland in 1897 along with their minister, the Rev Robert Winchester Jackson, and formed the new St Modan's Church which was a Chapel of Ease set up from Falkirk (Old) Parish Church.
Mary Cruickshank
Mary Ann Cruikshanks confirmed here address as Callendar House and possibly was a laundry maid and cook. She married at aged 35 to William Spriggs aged 46, bachelor, warehouseman. They were married on 30 November 1900 at Thornhill Rd, Falkirk by a Church of Scotland minister. She died in 1960 aged 95.
Central Regional Council
James, Scott Stewart
James Scott Stewart, artist, born Falkirk 1831 and died 1920. Obit in Falkirk Herald 13/03/1920. Studied in Glasgow and West of Scotland Academy (Royal Glasgow Institute). Painted portraits of well known Falkirk people including ex-provost John Russel, Thomas Keir and ex-provost Weir. As well as Barr family.
Robert Fulton Barr
William Donaldson
Shipbroker
Stewart McWatters
Stewart McWatters (1817-1892) started professional photography after being a portrait artist. He used a portable greenhouse measuring 18ft by 8ft from 1858. In 1862 he produced thousands of cartes de visite at 2/6d for the first print and 10d for subsequent copies. In 1863 he built a large studio, The Glass House, which also contained a waiting room and a changing room. (Source: Love Collection)
Marion Allan
Marion Allan (d 1875) was the wife of William Allan of Tamfourhill Farm
Prophet
Photography firm. The family operated in Dundee as David Prophet & Sons, 1880-1886, then as David & William Prophet,1884-1964, with studios in 59 Wellgate and 23 High St. There was also a studio in Edinburgh from 1906-1910 and in Glasgow from the 1920s to at least the 1950s James Prophet died in 1970
William McNicol
Schoolboy
Sandy Hill
Schoolboy
Adam Thom
Schoolboy
George Johnston
Schoolboy
William Ferguson
Schoolboy
Johnny Blair
Schoolboy
James Grant
Schoolboy
Cooper
Schoolteacher
Greg Stevenson
Schoolboy
Loading...