Browser Help System
Using your Shortlist
Your shortlist is a place to keep a separate list of results that are interesting or relevant to you. This list will be maintained throughout your current session, regardless of other searches you make. However, your shortlist will not be saved or maintained after you have left the Browser catalogue.
To add results to your Shortlist
When you are viewing a set of results any of these may be added to your shortlist:
- Select the required result(s) by checking the associated check box(es). Some helper buttons have been provided for this, such as 'Select All', 'Deselect All' and 'Invert Selection'.
- Click the button to add the selected results to your shortlist. You should see an increase in the number of records in your shortlist. NB If you already have a selected record in your shortlist this can not be added more than once. In this case there will be no particular warning, but the shortlist record number indicator may not show the increase expected.
To view your Shortlist
The shortlist appears just like any other set of results, and you can look at the results using any of the different views.
- Click on the button or link to view your Shortlist. If you currently have no results in your shortlist you will still go to a results screen that represents this - it will show a notice indicating that you have not added any results yet.
- Each time you select additional records during your current session, they will be added to your shortlist.
To remove results from your Shortlist
- Removing results works in the opposite manner to process for adding results to your shortlist.
- Select the records you want to remove by checking the associated check box(es).
- Click the button to remove the selected results from your shortlist.
To leave viewing your Shortlist
You can leave your shortlist view by clicking the button to return to the previous results, or by clicking on any of the main toolbar buttons to start a new search. You can add or remove records and view your shortlist at any point during your current session.